Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Night Stand

Whosoever may have read my previous blog must have been very quick to label me as a pessimist, dejected and cynic.well, this post is categorically meant to disprove these notions. I proclaim that I had a great new year’s party albeit in my own way.don't believe me.huh...read out below:
My college friends had organized a pretty lovely party in the campus with music and a bonfire in the open garden. I wanted to give them an insinuation that my idea of a party is something more happening.don't ask me what is my definition of 'happening' though. I sometimes don’t like to get into details rather want you to rely on my sense of humor.

I rather decided to go to Gurgaon to my friend’s place who was alone, recently fired from job and of course penniless guessing that since both of us share a lot of things in common so we might have a great party..So I traveled for 2hrs in a jam packed metro rail which was on the border of witnessing stampede and reached his home. I was too hungry so my courteous host treated me with his last night's leftover cold and hard pastry and an ice cream.during winters very few people have the guts to experiment with ice creams. Thankfully my host was amongst one of them.then sprung the discussion of our main topic ...where to go for enjoying our new years...after shooting in air lots of fancy names like TGIF, Ruby’s Tuesday, Addiction n all suddenly I thought why not bring some financial aspects also into our final decision (hoping that it will make me proud for being MBA finally) but since both of us had just made a fresh resolution of going frugal in 2011 so what better way to start from now. we did so by deciding to go modest with our budget(yeah right, that was to save our face) so our final plan was to drop the plan of booze & those exciting pubs because t was damn expensive to get sloshed in a pub rather we’d eat a good dinner and watch a movie..

I was not to happy but didn’t wanted to let my host feel down.so nodded my head.since I am a vegetarian for the moment I ended up eating chole bhature,fried rice without gravy in front of a guy who was gorging madly in his tandoori seek kebabs, chicken biryani..Okay.not a bad start for my party.the movie will compensate it all.
So we took tickets for some English 3D movie.don't ask me the name.it was terrible.only 10people in theater,no chicks and a sci fi movie which I could not even understand and what more it was not even a 3D ..
when the clock stuck 12,when whole world was jubilantly dancing and merrymaking and getting drunk,here I was wearing a over sized green filmed goggles sitting in a dark theater watching a movie which I could not understand..Now this was a real depression...We came back home after spending Rs700 per head and ending up feeling real loser. At home we cuddled up in our bed and watched a 1980s shatrudhan sinha, mumtaj movie before falling asleep.

Shakespeare has said 'all's well that ends well’. Happy New Year friends...have fun.



No comments: